2023 Recharter Resources
The 2023 recharter is being processed through Internet Advancement this year. The system opens to volunteers on October 1, 2022, and is due to the Central NC Council Office on or before December 1st, 2022.
Your username and password are the same ones you would use for My.Scouting or Scoutbook.
An instructional video walking users through each step of the new Internet Recharter 2.0 experience is available on the Central NC Council website, in the 2023 Recharter Portal.
A few notes that are worth mentioning during the 2023 Recharter Process:
- Internet rechartering is done through https://Advancements.scouting.org
- All adults must be positioned specific trained by March 31st 2023
- 90 days after the 2023 recharter registration, if adult has not completed all mandatory training, membership will be expired, and no refunds will be given. This date is set for March 31st 2023.
- Do not hit submit on your recharter until you have contacted your district executive.
- If you hit submit, you will not be able to add any additional youth to your unit. If you need to add additional youth and you accidentally hit submit, the registrar will be required to delete the charter and you must start the process from scratch.
- The charter fee has increased to $100.
- The login is the same as for My.Scouting and Scoutbook.
- Only the Key 3 or the charter representative (CR) delegate has access to do the charter this year.
- The Key 3 consists of your charter representative, your committee chairperson, and your unit leader (Scoutmaster, Cubmaster, Skipper, Venturing crew advisor and Explorer post advisor).
- If the unit wishes to have someone other than the above to process its recharter, the charter representative and only the charter representative can log into https://my.scouting.org, click on the menu button, click “Organization Manager,” select “Position Manager,” and finally “Functional Roles.” Here they’ll be able to assign a registered member of the unit as a chartered organization representative (COR) delegate position.
- Please note that ON ALL ADULT APPLICATIONS AND CHARTER AGREEMENTS- NO CHARTER ORG REP/ EXECUTIVE OFFICER ALTERNATIVES OR DESIGNEE SIGNATURES WILL BE ACCEPTED! Adult applications, YPT, CBC forms need to be complete and submitted all together.
- If your unit is submitting and paying the recharter online, ALL APPLICATIONS, CBC FORMS, CHARTER AGREEMENTS, NEED INK TO PAPER SIGNATURES BEFORE BEING UPLOADED. ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Please visit www.centralncscouting.org and click on 2023 Recharter Portal to get started! If you have any questions regarding the Recharter Process or the current status of your Unit’s recharter, please contact your District Executive. Once your charter is defective free and posted, your Key Three will receive a confirmation email.